We will list all openings submitted to the Bucks County Bar Association on this page. Please mail or email the appropriate contact about the position(s) you are interested in.
If you have a new position regarding the legal profession that we should include on this page, please email the information to email@example.com.
Postings will be listed for 3 months unless you inform us otherwise.
This service is open to the community.
Legal Aid of Southeastern Pennsylvania Job Announcement Regional Disability Advocacy Program (DAP) Staff Attorney – Norristown, PA (NEW112619)
Legal Aid of Southeastern PA (LASP) seeks an attorney to handle Supplemental Security Income (SSI) and Social Security Disability Insurance (SSDI) cases, outreach and compliance. The full-time position, based in Norristown, will serve low-income clients in Bucks, Chester, Delaware and Montgomery counties.
See attached for more information and how to apply: DAPRegionalStaffAttorneyPosition(NEW112619)
Legal Aid of Southeastern Pennsylvania Job Announcement Staff Attorney – Chester City (Delaware County), PA (PROS102819)
Legal Aid of Southeastern PA (“LASP”) seeks an attorney to provide civil legal services in its Chester City Office in Delaware County. LASP serves low-income individuals and families in Bucks, Chester, Delaware and Montgomery counties. This position will focus on representing clients facing issues regarding public benefits, consumer law and bankruptcy, employment, expungements, housing, family law, protection from domestic violence, and other cases as assigned throughout Delaware County. It is a full-time position.
Chester City was incorporated in 1682, making it the oldest city in Pennsylvania. It is located 15 miles south of Philadelphia and can be accessed by SEPTA transit. Approximately 1/3 of the Chester City population lives below the poverty level. LASP seeks an attorney committed to engaging with community partners to address poverty in the city and providing aggressive advocacy to clients throughout Delaware County.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following:
- Interviewing clients, assisting in determining eligibility for services, and ascertaining and investigating facts;
- Conducting legal research and interpreting statutes, case law, regulations, and other sources of law;
- Providing advice and counsel to clients;
- Preparing legal documents, including but not necessarily limited to: briefs, pleadings, motions, notices, correspondence, memoranda, discovery and documents responsive to discovery requests;
- Developing strategy and arguments for presentation of cases and assisting in preparation of witnesses for hearings and trials;
- Representing clients at hearings, in trial and appellate courts, and before quasi-judicial or administrative agencies;
- Reviewing decisions and consulting with management team to determine the merit of potential appeals;
- Participating in external professional and community organizations relevant to casework;
- Conducting clinics, community education, and workshops;
- Becoming engaged in LASP team efforts to achieve office and program goals, including participation in program-wide affinity groups and task forces;
- Developing knowledge of community referral resources and assessing community and client needs;
- Enhancing skills and substantive knowledge through training, CLE, and other educational opportunities;
- Abiding by all applicable professional standards of ethics and practice;
- Completing required administrative tasks including entering of notes and timekeeping in LASP case management software, and maintaining of physical files;
- Ensuring that requirements of grants and contracts which may provide funding for the position are met, and assisting with grant reports;
- Performing other duties and responsibilities as may be assigned.
SUPERVISOR: Chester City Office Managing Attorney.
QUALIFICATIONS: License to practice law in Pennsylvania or admitted in another jurisdiction and eligible for admission to Pennsylvania. 0-5 years’ experience as a lawyer; demonstrated proficiency in word processing, Outlook products, case management software, and online legal research tools; Passionate commitment to public interest law and serving low-income individuals and vulnerable populations; Strong written and oral advocacy and organizational skills; The successful candidate must be willing to accept complex and challenging cases and develop creative strategies to assist clients. Spanish language proficiency is desirable.
LASP is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate in the recruitment, selection, or advancement of employees on the basis of race, sex, color, national origin, creed, age, religion, marital status, physical handicap, political affiliation or on any other basis prohibited by law.
TO APPLY: Send resume and writing sample to Kesha James, Deputy Director for Advocacy at Legal Aid of Southeastern Pennsylvania by email to Hiring@lasp.org. Position will remain open until filled.
In search of a part time position as a legal assistant/secretary/paralegal. See attached.
Seeking to apply advanced professional editing, writing and research skills to a new career as a paralegal in the Bucks County area. The first 10 years of my working life was as a journalist; the last ten years have been spent working with attorneys in various capacities through the family business in areas including trusts, real estate, patents, contracts and general business matters. When I started spotting problems and making a contribution—as well as reading international law and maritime law textbooks for enjoyment–I knew it was time to find a career that would allow me to work closely with attorneys who value creativity, curiosity and a drive for order. I have professional comportment, good communication skills and a Bachelor’s degree in English with 21 post-graduate hours. And my best friends are lawyers! I can begin a position in November. Full-time or part-time. References available. Call Tracy 267-974-3000
Seeking employment as a Part Time Law Clerk. Education: B.A. – University of Arizona, Tucson, AZ. J.D. – Whittier College School of Law, Costa Mesa, CA. Achievements: Graduated top 10% of class. Managing Editor of Law Review. Winner of Nathan Burkan Copyright Writing Competition. I am interested in helping a law firm with usual duties of a law clerk. However, I bring over 30 years of experience to this position, where I can use my vast experience, to help a law firm that may be looking for an individual, who is seasoned in this area of work. I live in Doylestown, and I am looking to work in the town as well. If you are interested in speaking with me about a part time position, please call this number: 215-885-2060 x54005, and ask for Joe.