We will list all openings submitted to the Bucks County Bar Association on this page. Please mail or email the appropriate contact about the position(s) you are interested in.
If you have a new position regarding the legal profession that we should include on this page, please email the information to email@example.com. Postings will be listed for 3 months unless you inform us otherwise. This service is open to the community.
Weber, Kracht & Chellew, a well-established, Upper Bucks County law firm, is seeking a full time Associate Attorney to join our practice. The appropriate candidate should have experience in estate planning and administration, along with knowledge of general business and litigation practices. We are looking for someone who possesses strong interpersonal skills and is self-motivated with the ability to work individually and in a team setting. We offer potential for growth, as well as a competitive salary and generous benefits package. Interested applicants should send their resume, including a cover letter, along with salary requirements and history to Diane Yaglinski, Human Resources Manager, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Property Litigation Attorney
Curtin & Heefner, a prominent Bucks County law firm with offices in Yardley, Doylestown, Berwyn and Princeton, is seeking an attorney with 3-5 years of experience to support our Property Litigation practice. We offer a competitive salary and excellent benefits. For consideration please submit cover letter and resume to John McBride, Firm Administrator, at email@example.com.
Legal Aid of Southeastern Pennsylvania Job Announcement
Paralegal/Office Manager – West Chester (Chester County), PA (ESUL112719)
Legal Aid of Southeastern PA (“LASP”) seeks a full-time Paralegal/Office Manager to assure the efficient operation of the West Chester Office. LASP serves low-income individuals from Bucks, Chester, Delaware, or Montgomery County facing issues regarding housing, including landlord tenant law and foreclosure, family law, protection from domestic violence, consumer, employment and public benefits. The West Chester Office serves Chester County residents facing these issues. The Paralegal/Office Manager must be a team player, willing to handle a multitude of duties as needed, which may include tasks such as developing forms, running reports to ensure compliance with grants and contracts, filling in for the receptionist, etc. Strong Microsoft Word and Excel skills and experience with case management systems and bankruptcy software or an ability to quickly learn these and other computer skills is desirable.See attached for more information and how to apply: West Chester Paralegal-Office Manager (ESUL112719)
Legal Aid of Southeastern Pennsylvania Job Announcement Staff Attorney – Bristol, PA (NEW120419)
Legal Aid of Southeastern PA (LASP) has received funding to hire an attorney to provide civil legal services to families and individuals in distressed areas of lower Bucks County including Bristol Borough, Bristol Township, and Bensalem. Also included in the coverage area are parts of Levittown, Croydon, and Trevose. It is estimated that there are over 17,000 eligible clients living in these areas, with over 5,000 living in extreme poverty. This position will largely focus on maintaining affordable housing through eviction and foreclosure prevention but may also handle cases involving public benefits, consumer law, access to necessary utilities, bankruptcy, employment, expungements, and family law matters. It is a full-time position. See attached for more information and how to apply: BristolDCEDPosition12042019
Legal Aid of Southeastern Pennsylvania Job Announcement Regional Disability Advocacy Program (DAP) Staff Attorney – Norristown, PA (NEW112619)
Legal Aid of Southeastern PA (LASP) seeks an attorney to handle Supplemental Security Income (SSI) and Social Security Disability Insurance (SSDI) cases, outreach and compliance. The full-time position, based in Norristown, will serve low-income clients in Bucks, Chester, Delaware and Montgomery counties. See attached for more information and how to apply: DAPRegionalStaffAttorneyPosition(NEW112619)
Legal Aid of Southeastern Pennsylvania Job Announcement Staff Attorney – Chester City (Delaware County), PA (PROS102819)
Legal Aid of Southeastern PA (“LASP”) seeks an attorney to provide civil legal services in its Chester City Office in Delaware County. LASP serves low-income individuals and families in Bucks, Chester, Delaware and Montgomery counties. This position will focus on representing clients facing issues regarding public benefits, consumer law and bankruptcy, employment, expungements, housing, family law, protection from domestic violence, and other cases as assigned throughout Delaware County. It is a full-time position. Chester City was incorporated in 1682, making it the oldest city in Pennsylvania. It is located 15 miles south of Philadelphia and can be accessed by SEPTA transit. Approximately 1/3 of the Chester City population lives below the poverty level. LASP seeks an attorney committed to engaging with community partners to address poverty in the city and providing aggressive advocacy to clients throughout Delaware County.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following:
- Interviewing clients, assisting in determining eligibility for services, and ascertaining and investigating facts;
- Conducting legal research and interpreting statutes, case law, regulations, and other sources of law;
- Providing advice and counsel to clients;
- Preparing legal documents, including but not necessarily limited to: briefs, pleadings, motions, notices, correspondence, memoranda, discovery and documents responsive to discovery requests;
- Developing strategy and arguments for presentation of cases and assisting in preparation of witnesses for hearings and trials;
- Representing clients at hearings, in trial and appellate courts, and before quasi-judicial or administrative agencies;
- Reviewing decisions and consulting with management team to determine the merit of potential appeals;
- Participating in external professional and community organizations relevant to casework;
- Conducting clinics, community education, and workshops;
- Becoming engaged in LASP team efforts to achieve office and program goals, including participation in program-wide affinity groups and task forces;
- Developing knowledge of community referral resources and assessing community and client needs;
- Enhancing skills and substantive knowledge through training, CLE, and other educational opportunities;
- Abiding by all applicable professional standards of ethics and practice;
- Completing required administrative tasks including entering of notes and timekeeping in LASP case management software, and maintaining of physical files;
- Ensuring that requirements of grants and contracts which may provide funding for the position are met, and assisting with grant reports;
- Performing other duties and responsibilities as may be assigned.
SUPERVISOR: Chester City Office Managing Attorney.
QUALIFICATIONS: License to practice law in Pennsylvania or admitted in another jurisdiction and eligible for admission to Pennsylvania. 0-5 years’ experience as a lawyer; demonstrated proficiency in word processing, Outlook products, case management software, and online legal research tools; Passionate commitment to public interest law and serving low-income individuals and vulnerable populations; Strong written and oral advocacy and organizational skills; The successful candidate must be willing to accept complex and challenging cases and develop creative strategies to assist clients. Spanish language proficiency is desirable. LASP is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate in the recruitment, selection, or advancement of employees on the basis of race, sex, color, national origin, creed, age, religion, marital status, physical handicap, political affiliation or on any other basis prohibited by law.
TO APPLY: Send resume and writing sample to Kesha James, Deputy Director for Advocacy at Legal Aid of Southeastern Pennsylvania by email to Hiring@lasp.org. Position will remain open until filled.
Position Wanted – Legal Assistant
In search of a part time position as a legal assistant/secretary/paralegal. See attached.